Yayoi Kusama at Tate Modern

Monday 2 April 2012

This weekend went to see Yayoi Kusama Show- which is on until the 5th of June 2012-www.tate.org.uk/modern
I was such a big fan of her work while I was at Art School, she lives and breathes her art.
I took some sneaky photos to show you, but it's much better to see it in real life!!
 This is they work of Kusama's that I knew, it was lovely to see some of her simple sketches.


 1000's of airmail stickers

 I really liked this advert from her looking for happy people to come to her studio.

some of her later work- It's quite difficult to see here, but this was a blue lit room set with 1000#s of fluorescent dots EVERTWHERE


 This was a room of infinity mirrors and lights!! so beautiful


3 comments:

  1. I went to this and it was definitely worth going to! A wonderful collection of her work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayoi is pretty damn awesome. I have loved her work since the mid '90s and will travel to see her exhibitions (within reason).

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello j'aime beaucoup votre travail....

    ReplyDelete