Doors and Shores

Thursday 24 January 2013

 Over the Christmas holidays I took a trip to one of my favourite places in the North east- a little fishing village called Pennan. Pennan is completely enclosed by the cliffs so can't grow- it has one pub, and that's all- no shops at all! It was the place they filmed the Local Hero. My grandma used to take us there when we were little, so it's a special place for me. as soon as I could drive I used to get in the car and find myself on the windy steep roads to this place to comb the beach for treasures! Even on a stark cold winters day I love going there.












5 comments:

  1. How beautiful, i love places close to water, maybe because im far away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have a retreat like that. It reminds me a little of where I recently moved, but not quite as small. It is close to the beach with lovely waves to watch and many things to watch and photograph. I love your photos of this place. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely :) my favourite place is sennen, very much for the same reasons, thanks for sharing Pennen, I must visit sometime xxx

    ReplyDelete