Wool House at Somerset house until 24th March

Sunday 17 March 2013

I was very lucky to be asked to design a room in the 'Wool House' this year- which is on right now in Somerset house on the Strand. Organized by the campaign for wool, a whole wing of the house has been transformed into a wool house, with every room an exquisite example of how you can decorate and use wool.  As you all know I have always loved using wool in my work, and am really fond of this warm, versatile natural material. I love the fact that it takes due so well, so you can get an amazing array of colour. I love the fact that you can felt it and it changes form, and I love being able to create a piece of fabric from a single strand of it. 
The room I was asked to design was the nursery which was very appropriate. We got our fantastic felt supplier Wernekinck- from Holland to supply the beautiful felt walls, which are so cosy and tactile. We applied the trees and leaves. Wool is naturally flame resistant, and a great insulator so I think a very good idea for a wall covering.
The bed was covered in Bute fabric and made by Vi-spring, The quality was divine!
I just wish I had a nursery like this!

It's only on for a short time, so if you get a change and are interested in wool, go and have a look!


5 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! I want to live there-it looks so warm and cozy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! i love the pets in the basket/nest!
    Daisy j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm so impressed! It's perfect!!!! How fun to design the nursery! I wish I could go see the whole wing of the house in wool. I'm so into those shows where you go to see how a home is decorated! Have fun if you go and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Wool House over the weekend - a really great show! I also learned how to darn my socks properly :) Your room was definitely my favourite - very cozy and comforting. (and I loved Cyril hiding under the cot!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you posted this. I'd love to see it, I'll make an effort to get along this week.

    ReplyDelete