on my shelf

Sunday 27 March 2011

New feature for you where I will take a snap of what's on my shelf from time to time... every objects tells a little story.

ok from left to right.

.Flocked polystyrene ball necklace I got in New york from Kiosk, was wearing a drab grey dress , this neacklace really did the trick!! The colours are so vibrant, 3 shades of greens, yum!
.I miss your face card which I commissioned from Erin McIntyre, wanted to give it to a freind I haven't seen for ages, but I can't part with it. she does beautiful drawings.
.Yellow canary on a branch ornament, very cheap from a brickabrack sale, but I love it's colour.
.Beautiful 'holy' magazine by Henny van Nistelroy the holes look like shells and appear on the pages in strange positions throughout the magazine, genius.
.Old selotape tin that my grandma had kept art materials in, I love the fact she wrote in her destinctive hand writing what was inside, on everything!
.Vintage twins, with beautiful 2 colour packaging
.Kiehls salve, am addicted to everything kiehls.
Post card from hitherto, which sadly is no longer there, used to be my favourite shop in Glasgow, and was run by Krista Blake who was always so chatty and lovely.
.Look into my eyes faces by Bruno Munari
Small brown wren ornament, which belonged to my grandma- my favorite person :)
.Little book of photos 350 miles of an essex journey , nice pictures of the sea and buildings
.Found record sleeve, your really quite a catch, I like the title and the drawing!
.More Kiehls! very guilty pleasure of mine
and a beautiful hand made tile by Lubna Chowdhary, I wish I could time a whole room in these, they all unique with different .patterns and colours.

That's is, let me know if you need any more info I'll do another one in a little while.
bye for now x


6 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Thanks for the little mention too. Red cheeks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that your grandma was your fave person, I loved mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, more, more, please!!! Post like this can better show you, I know your works express your personality, taste and interests but I'm always curious how people I admire live and what theire life looks like. Thanks for sharing :-)
    Love yellow canary, it's so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, will do more like this, I have always liked making little collections of objects.

    ReplyDelete